W&L Publications Wall
The Washington and Lee University Library seeks to promote the intellectual output of the University through the periodic display of faculty, staff, and student publications/artistic productions. Throughout the year, we will highlight the various activities of the University community on a wall on the main floor of Leyburn Library.
The following is our policy on this display:
- During the academic year, we will make every effort to rotate publications on a monthly basis;
- During the months of June, July, and August, we will keep the same display up for 9 weeks (due to decreased traffic in the library);
- We will not repeat publications multiple times in the same academic year;
- We will make every effort to rotate publications as close to their date of publication as possible unless we are holding items for a particular themed display;
- Only materials that circulate or articles that are readily obtainable will be displayed (faculty/staff are welcome to donate articles for the display wall);
- We will try to be inclusive and display as many different departmental/program publications as possible. Since not all disciplines publish at the same rate, we will do our best to be equitable and fair.
For questions regarding this policy contact Elizabeth Anne Teaff.