- W&L Undergraduate Students may check books out for the undergraduate term. During the summer months, the check out period is three months.
- W&L Law Students may check books out for the current Law term. After the end of law classes in May, the checkout period is three months.
- W&L Faculty & Staff may check out books from our regular collection for the entire academic year.
Videos & DVDs
- Videos and DVDs are checked out for three days and carry a fine of $1.00 per day if returned late.
- CDs are available for a seven day check out.
- Books on CD have the same check out period as printed books.
- Reserve Items circulate for 2, 4, or 24 hours according to the specifications of the faculty member who has placed them in this collection.
- W&L Faculty, Staff, and Students may check out bound periodicals and reference items for a period of 24 hours. No Renewals will be allowed. Fines will be charged for late material and lost items will be billed at a cost of $1000.00 each. Please bring this material to the Information Desk of Leyburn to check out.
- Items from Special Collections, microfilm, and newspapers may not leave the University Library.
All Books are subject to recall two weeks after date of check-out. Items may be renewed online or by calling 540.458.8643. Items may not be renewed if they have been requested by another person.
- Books may be renewed three times.
- Videos & DVDs may be renewed twice.
- Music CDs may be renewed three times.
Fines will be charged for late returns.
- Videos & DVDs $1.00 per day
- Reserve material and technology items $1.00 per hour
- Recalled materials $1.00 each day late
- Long overdue items will be billed. The bill will reflect the replacement cost and there may be also be a billing fee of $5.00 per item. The billing fee must be paid even if the item is returned.
W&L Undergraduate students with fines totaling $50.00 or more may be blocked from registering for classes or from obtaining transcripts until the fines have been paid.
Food For Fines: Undergraduate students can pay their overdue fines with canned goods. The items will be donated to W&L’s Campus Kitchens project.
- $1-5 in Fines = 2 cans
- $6-10 in Fines = 4 cans
- $11-20 in Fines = 8 cans
- $20-50 in Fines = 16 cans
This arrangement applies only to current W&L students; and lost library materials must be paid for with cash, check, General debit, or charge.
View Your Library Account to see a list of materials you have checked-out. Contact the Information Desk 540.458.8643 if you have further questions.