U.S. Federal Government Publications -- President
Public Papers of the Presidents
Annual compilation of official Presidential papers and transcripts issued by the Office of the
- The official online repository is provided by GPOAccess, which provides
volumes from 1992 to date.
- The University of Michigan has scanned the volumes from 1929 to date, including
the previously-unavailable Franklin D. Roosevelt collection.
- W&L researchers also have access to HeinOnline, which includes 1931-2001.
- Leyburn Library has printed volumes in its Depository collection.
Compilation of Presidential Documents
Regularly-published compilation of statements, messages, and other Presidential materials.
- Beginning January 2009, the series became the Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents and is available through GPOAccess.
- GPO's Federal Digital System also has volumes from 1992-to-date.
- In its previous incarnation, the series was Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents.
The official online repository is provided by GPOAccess, which covers 1993-to-date.
- W&L researchers also have access to HeinOnline, which includes 1965-2007.
Additional Presidential papers and other materials are accessible through W&L's HeinOnline subscription.
The National Archives' individual Presidential Library sites can provide some materials online, along with additional research guidance. Look for the Visit the Libraries Online option, on the left side of the opening page.
White House Web Sites
The current White House site contains online forms of many presidential documents.
The National Archives recently began preserving the official White House Web sites of former residents Clinton and Bush. In addition, the Internet Archive has been saving snapshots of the White House site (with a time-lag of about six months).