The Friends of the Library supports the academic mission of Washington and Lee University through activities which strengthen the Library’s collections and services, promote greater awareness of the Library’s needs and resources, encourage monetary or in-kind contributions to the Library, foster closer community and Library relations, and stimulate the intellectual life of the community.
The Friends association allows those who love the library to meet and share their ideas and suggestions and to introduce others to its treasures.
Today is #WLUgiveday! You can help by making a gift to any area of the university—including the Friends of the Library!
- For those who have not yet made their donation for this year, please consider doing it today. It would be a great win-win combination for W&L and the Friends of the Library.
- To donate to the Friends of the Library, send your donation out today, using the “Join by Mail” button above and make sure in the memo line you put “W&L Give Day”, or you can click on the “Join/Renew Online” button above and select “Other” under designation. Then, just type “Friends of the Library” in the “Comments” section. #wluPride
- May 1, 2015, 2:00 – 4:00 PM: Open House—Treasures in Special Collections, with Tom Camden. Refreshments served. Leyburn Library, Special Collections & Archives.
- May 1, 2015 4:00 PM: Board Meeting – Leyburn Library, Multipurpose Space (M47)
- May 2, 2015, 1:00 PM: Annual Meeting —Northen Auditorium
- May 2, 2015, 1:30 PM: Speaker Blaine Brownell ’65—Northen Auditorium.
Parents and Family Weekend
- October 1, 2015, 4:00 PM: Start of Library Annual Book Sale. Leyburn Library, Main Floor.
- October 2, 2015, 2:00 – 4:00 PM: Open House—Treasures in Special Collections, with Tom Camden. Refreshments served. Leyburn Library, Special Collections & Archives
Young Alumni Weekend
- October 24, 2014, 10:00 AM: Storyteller. Leyburn Library, Lower Level 1 Conversation Pit.
Benefits for Friends of the Library
- Invitation to our programs
- Annual book sale in October
- Extended check-out privileges
- Research Databases
Thanks to funding by the FOL, the following databases are available to alumni: Academic Search Complete Alumni Edition and Business Source Complete Alumni Edition; JSTOR Alumni database; and Project Muse.
Alumni login and password required.
Contact: Montrose Grandberry, Friends of the Library Coordinator (540-458-8642)