The Friends of the Library supports the academic mission of Washington and Lee University through activities which strengthen the Library’s collections and services, promote greater awareness of the Library’s needs and resources, encourage monetary or in-kind contributions to the Library, foster closer community and Library relations, and stimulate the intellectual life of the community.
The Friends association allows those who love the library to meet and share their ideas and suggestions and to introduce others to its treasures.
Young Alumni Weekend
- September 20, 2014, 10:00 AM: Storyteller Barbara Lawson, Lobby Level 1 Conversation Pit
Parents and Family Weekend
- October 9, 2014, 4:00 PM: Library Annual Book Sale. Leyburn Library, Main Floor.
- October 10, 2014, 2:00 – 4:00 PM: Open House—Treasures in Special Collections, with Tom Camden. Refreshments served. Leyburn Library, Special Collections & Archives.
- October 10, 2014, 2:00 - 4:00 PM: Open House—The Integrative and Qualitative (IQ) Center. Science Center.
- October 10, 2014, 4:00 PM: Board Meeting —Northen Auditorium.
- October 29, 2014, 7:00 PM: Talk by Beth Macy on her book “Factory Man.” Lee Chapel.
Benefits for Friends of the Library
- Invitation to our programs
- Annual book sale in October
- Extended check-out privileges
- Research Databases
Thanks to funding by the FOL, the following databases are available to alumni: Academic Search Complete Alumni Edition and Business Source Complete Alumni Edition; JSTOR Alumni database; and Project Muse.
Alumni login and password required.
Contact: Montrose Grandberry, Friends of the Library Coordinator (540-458-8642)