Instructions for creating Posters using PowerPoint
Once you have created your presentation using PowerPoint, you can turn your slides into a poster.
- Open the PowerPoint document.
- Choose: Save as and save the document as a .png file.
You will be asked if you want to save the selected slide or the whole presentation.
Select the desired option.
Open a new PowerPoint document and specify the poster size (usually 30 x 40 inches) by selecting Page Setup under the Design tab (PowerPoint version 2007).
Next, select the Insert tab and choose insert Picture. The slides can be brought in individually, or through shift clicking or by dragging a box around the desired slides, multiple slides can be imported at once.
Arranging the slides
- Right-click on an empty area of the slide (poster,) and then click Grid and Guides.
- Do one or both of the following:
(a) To position shapes to the closest intersection of the grid, under Snap to, select the Snap objects to grid check box.
(b) To position shapes or objects to grid lines that go through the vertical and horizontal edges of other shapes or objects, under Snap to, select the Snap objects to other objects check box.
- Arrange objects front to back by right-clicking on the shape and selecting Bring to Front or Send to Back.
Finalizing the Layout
- Add additional content to the poster by using the Drawing tools located under the Home tab.
- Change the Background under the Design tab.