Borrowing Policies for Visitors
Loan periods and types of material available for check-out may vary by patron type. Local residents, middle and high school students, and area college students may have up to 10 items checked-out at any one time. Check at the Information Desk in Leyburn Library for more specific information.
- DSLCC, VMI, SVU, Mary Baldwin, and Local Middle and High School Students:
must complete a
registration form and may check books out for two weeks.
VMI & SVU Faculty & Staff: must complete a
registration form and
may check out books from our regular collection
for the entire academic year.
- Area Residents (Lexington, Buena Vista and Rockbridge County):
must complete a
registration form and may check out books for two weeks.
Videos & DVDs
- Videos and DVDs are checked out for three days and there is a
fine of $1.00 per day if returned late.
- Not all patron types may check-out this type of material.
- Local Residents may have up to 3 videos/DVDs checked-out at any one time.
- CDs are available for a seven day check-out.
- Books on Tape and CD have the same check out period as printed books.
All Books are subject to recall two weeks after date of check-out. Library patrons may renew checked
out materials online or by calling the 540.458.8643. Items may not be renewed if they have been requested by another person.
Books may be
renewed three times.
- Videos & DVDs
may be renewed twice.
Music CDs may
be renewed three times.
Fines will be charged for late returns and recalled materials.
Videos and DVDs $1.00 per day
- Recalled Materials $1.00 per day
- Long overdue items will be billed. The bill will reflect the replacement cost and a billing fee of $5.00 per item. The billing fee must be paid even if the item is returned.