Scanning & Printing Protocol
Oversized Printing Protocol:
*Temporarily Restricted Services for 2020/2021*
- The University Library will only accept print requests for academic posters (no marketing-type or signage printing).
- 2 business day turnaround time is required for all submissions.
- Items that are 13×19 inches or smaller are not accepted. Contact University Copying Services for small format printing.
Copyright compliance is the responsibility of the user. The University Library staff reserves the right to refuse to accept any printing request if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
Large Format Printing Pricing
Undergraduate Student printing for academic poster sessions:
Academic posters created by students or by faculty/staff members in partnership with a student(s) are printed gratis.
- Posters for academic poster sessions are created for a poster session that is presented either on- or off-campus and are not already subsidized by the Office of the Provost or other official University entity.
- Examples: fall/winter term economics poster sessions, Shepherd Poverty poster sessions, LACS poster sessions
- To be printed gratis, posters must have at least one undergraduate author.
- If reprints are requested, due to typos or other issues that are not a result of the printing process, the University Library will charge for reprints at a rate $0.0125 per square inch.
Faculty/Staff/Law Students large format printing:
Posters created solely by faculty/staff/law students (without undergraduate student involvement) for academic poster sessions are charged at a rate of $0.0208 per square inch.
Scanning and oversized printing services are intended for the W&L University community only.