W&L Publications Wall
The Washington and Lee University Library seeks to promote the intellectual output of the University through the periodic display of faculty, staff, and student publications/artistic productions. Throughout the year, we will highlight the various activities of the University community on a wall on the main floor of Leyburn Library.
The following is our policy on this display:
- During the academic year, we will make every effort to rotate publications on a monthly basis;
- During the months of June, July, and August, we will keep the same display up for 9 weeks (due to decreased traffic in the library);
- We will not repeat publications multiple times in the same academic year;
- We will make every effort to rotate publications as close to their date of publication as possible unless we are holding items for a particular themed display;
- Only materials that circulate or articles that are readily obtainable will be displayed (faculty/staff are welcome to donate articles for the display wall);
- We will try to be inclusive and display as many different departmental/program publications as possible. Since not all disciplines publish at the same rate, we will do our best to be equitable and fair.