Services - Top Ten
Monochrome (black & white): $.10/page for student printing
Color: $.30/page for student printing
Undergraduate students receive a “Print Subsidy”
$20 for Fall Term/ $20 for Winter Term/ $10 for Spring Term
Copies made with student IDs are charged to students’ personal accounts. Once the subsidy is depleted, students will incur a charge each month for the output created that month.
Undergraduate balances are set to the new subsidy at the beginning of each term. Unused subsidies DO NOT carry over from term to term.
To check your printing balance email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you think you may have been over-charged for printing, state the month(s) in which you believe they were over-charged in the body of the email.
Departmental PIN copies are charged to the department.
Copies made with faculty/staff University IDs are charged to the employee’s department.
You can request materials from Interlibrary Loan This service is free to current students, faculty, and staff.
- Requests for recreational reading and textbooks are not permitted.
- Requests for items in our collection are not processed unless they are checked out or missing. Check the Library System to determine if we own the material you need.
- If the library has electronic access to a journal article you seek, you will be notified by our ILL staff. Always check our Journal List first to determine if we own the title you need.
- This ILL service is for the Undergraduate Campus only. Law Students, Staff, and Faculty contact the Law Library’s ILL Unit
- More info
All Books are subject to recall two weeks after date of check-out. Library patrons may renew checked out materials online or by calling 540.458.8643. Items may not be renewed if they have been requested by another person.
- Books may be renewed three times.
- Videos & DVDs may be renewed twice.
- Music CDs may be renewed three times.
More information about borrowing library materials. Technology items (laptops, projectors, camcorders, etc.) may not be renewed.
The University Library employs both work-study and payroll students.
- Work-study students are placed in the library by Financial Aid. Please inquire with their office for more information.
- Payroll students are hired by the library as needed. When payroll jobs are available they may be advertised in Campus Notices.
FOR ALL EMERGENCIES CALL: (on campus) 9.911 (off campus) 911
OTHER USEFUL NUMBERS:
- Carillion Stonewall Jackson Hospital (on campus) 9.458.3300 (off campus) 540.458.3300
- W&L Public Safety (on campus) 8999 (off campus) 540.458.8999
- Blue Ridge Poison Center (on campus) 9.1.800.222.1222 (off campus) 1.800.222.1222
During the academic year, both Leyburn and Telford Science are open to W&L faculty, staff, & students 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
University ID required to open doors 10 p.m. – 6 a.m.
We are open to the general public 7 days a week, 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.