Monochrome (black & white): $.10/page for student printing
Color: $.30/page for student printing
Undergraduate students receive a “Print Subsidy”
$20 for Fall Term/ $20 for Winter Term/ $10 for Spring Term
Copies made with student IDs are charged to students’ personal accounts. Once the subsidy is depleted, students will incur a charge each month for the output created that month.
Undergraduate balances are set to the new subsidy at the beginning of each term. Unused subsidies DO NOT carry over from term to term.
To check your printing balance email: email@example.com
If you think you may have been over-charged for printing, state the month(s) in which you believe they were over-charged in the body of the email.
Departmental PIN copies are charged to the department.
Copies made with faculty/staff University IDs are charged to the employee’s department.
No, however W&L Undergraduate students with fines totaling $50.00 or more may be blocked from registering for classes or from obtaining transcripts until the fines have been paid.
Login to view Your Library Account to see a list of materials you have checked-out. Contact the Information Desk 540.458.8643 if you have further questions.
Students can pay their overdue fines with canned goods. The items will be donated to W&L’s Campus Kitchen project. This arrangement applies only to current W&L students; and lost library materials must be paid for with cash, check, General debit, or charge.
- $1-5 in Fines = 2 cans
- $6-10 in Fines = 4 cans
- $11-20 in Fines = 8 cans
- $21-50 in Fines = 16 cans
There is no fax machine in the library for student use or other public use.
- Our photocopy machines can create PDFs which you can send as email attachments.
- Inquire at the firstname.lastname@example.org to get help with sending or receiving faxes through RightFax.
- You can also send PDFs to fax numbers with any web browswer. There are a number of companies that offer this services (some are free and some require payment).
Here are some examples:
You can request materials from Interlibrary Loan This service is free to current students, faculty, and staff.
- Requests for recreational reading and textbooks are not permitted.
- Requests for items in our collection are not processed unless they are checked out or missing. Check the Library System to determine if we own the material you need.
- If the library has electronic access to a journal article you seek, you will be notified by our ILL staff. Always check our Journal List first to determine if we own the title you need.
- This ILL service is for the Undergraduate Campus only. Law Students, Staff, and Faculty contact the Law Library’s ILL Unit
- More info
All Books are subject to recall two weeks after date of check-out. Library patrons may renew checked out materials online or by calling 540.458.8643. Items may not be renewed if they have been requested by another person.
- Books may be renewed three times.
- Videos & DVDs may be renewed twice.
- Music CDs may be renewed three times.
More information about borrowing library materials. Technology items (laptops, projectors, camcorders, etc.) may not be renewed.
There are public copiers (BizHub Multi-Function Print Devices) located in Leyburn Library:
- (3) on the main floor, and
- (1) on lower level one.
The Telford Science Library has a photocopy machine its the main floor near the Circulation Desk.
Instructions for Photocopying and Scanning.
Leyburn Library, Main Floor
- Macs and PCs for student/faculty use are available in the Innovation Lab. Several computers have attached scanners. All PCs have Adobe CS, statistical software, Microsoft Office, etc. and dual monitors. The Macs have imovie, Adobe CS, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Computers are available for Guest Access (no log-in needed) across from the Information Desk.
Leyburn Library, Lower Level 1
- A Mac computing lab is located on Lower Level 1. Each computer has dual monitors.
Leyburn Library, Lower Level 3
- A PC computing lab, is located on Lower Level 3 in Room 301. Each computer has dual monitors.
Additional Computing Resources
- Additional computing labs are available on campus. Contact 540.458.HELP (4357) for more information.
To get help with computer hardware and/or software issues, you should visit the ITS Help Desk, located at the Information Desk in Leyburn Library. They are available Monday-Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.
The University Library has lockers for student use.
- Main Floor of Leyburn: Lockers in these locations are are intended for short-term (24 hours or less) use. To lock and unlock enter a four digit code of your choosing.
- Leyburn 4th Floor: There are 12 lockers with keys. Keys can be checked-out from the Information Desk on a term by term basis.
Have more questions? Contact a librarian
- For snack or coffee machine issues: send an email regarding your lost money
- For Coke machine issues: call 1.800.309.2653 (give them machine code# DN05000900)
The University Library employs both work-study and payroll students.
- Work-study students are placed in the library by Financial Aid. Please inquire with their office for more information.
- Payroll students are hired by the library as needed. When payroll jobs are available they may be advertised in Campus Notices.
Items of value (laptops, watches, calculators, etc.) left unattended may be picked up by library staff and brought to the Information Desk of Leyburn Library or the Circulation Desk of Telford Library for safe-keeping. Please contact the Information Desk 540.458.8643 if you have lost something in the library.
Items not picked up at the end of the month will be donated to Goodwill.
FOR ALL EMERGENCIES CALL: (on campus) 9.911 (off campus) 911
OTHER USEFUL NUMBERS:
- Carillion Stonewall Jackson Hospital (on campus) 9.458.3300 (off campus) 540.458.3300
- W&L Public Safety (on campus) 8999 (off campus) 540.458.8999
- Blue Ridge Poison Center (on campus) 9.1.800.222.1222 (off campus) 1.800.222.1222
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) lamps or light therapy boxes are for the treatment of winter depression. The University Health Center has placed a number of SAD lamps in Leyburn and Telford. There are also SAD lamps in room 321 of Leyburn.
For more information on SAD contact the Student Health Center.
Yes, if it is non-commercial in nature and/or of particular interest to W&L students, faculty and staff.
Special Collections contains:
- University publications (Calyx, Alumni Magazine, Ring-tum Phi, Trident, Shenandoah, and Ariel)
- Faculty, Alumni, and Student publications
- Materials relating to W&L’s history
- Holdings of the Rockbridge Historical Society
- Virginia state and local history
Location: Leyburn Library, Lower Level 1
Hours: 9 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday except for University holidays. To be sure our department is open, please call 540.458.8663
During the academic year, both Leyburn and Telford Science are open to W&L faculty, staff, & students 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
University ID required to open doors 10 p.m. – 6 a.m.
We are open to the general public 7 days a week, 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
The University Library offers data manipulation and statistical support services to students, faculty and staff. Carol Hansen Karsch, the library’s Data and Statistical Support Specialist, can provide assistance throughout the various phases of quantitative research projects.
Ms. Karsch can be reached at Leyburn Library in room M35, via email or by phone at 540.458.8980.
More information on Working with Data