During Fall Term 2020, ongoing construction will occur on Leyburn Lower Level 2 in preparation for the future installation of the Center for Academic Resources and Pedagogical Excellence (CARPE). CARPE will be located on Leyburn’s Lower Level 1.
Please expect construction noise during each weekday!
Due to construction, Leyburn Lower Level 2 will be inaccessible Monday – Friday, during daytime hours. This space will be available after construction concludes each day at 6:00 p.m. and during weekends.
Lower level 2 items are listed in our catalog as:
“UNAVAILABLE DURING CONSTRUCTION: W&L Faculty/Staff/Students sign in to request access”
If you would like us to pull materials for you during the weekday, please login and use the supplied inter-library loan form. Users are welcome to pull materials on their own after 6:00 p.m. on weekdays and on weekends.
Have questions? Email email@example.com.
In preparation for the eventual installation of CARPE, the Center for Academic Resources & Pedagogical Excellence, physical materials are now organized in the following permanent locations within Leyburn Library:
- Main Floor: reference collection, DVDs, current periodicals, & books on CD
- Lower Level 1: books with call numbers A – BQ
- Lower Level 2: books with call numbers BR – F (excluding science titles)
- Lower Level 3: books with call numbers G through PQ
- Lower Level 4: books with call numbers PR through Z (excluding science titles), all folios, bound periodicals, government documents, and VHS tapes
Problems finding something? Stop by Leyburn Library’s Information Desk—safely staffed using acrylic safety dividers. Or, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have problems navigating Library of Congress (LOC) call numbers? They are a lot different from Dewey! Review our “How to Read a Library of Congress Call Number” handout, available as a machine readable PDF.